Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Zendala Dare #57

This weeks Zendala Dare had a guest contributor. Genevieve Crabe, the lady that posts the Weekly Zentangle Roundup and has a blog Tangle Harmony, that has lots of neat things including the stencils that she uses to create Zendala templates. If you have not, go to her blog and check things out. While you are at it, do a Zendala using her template and enter the giveaway that Erin at The Bright Owl is having to win a set of the stencils.  There is a video on Erin's blog by Genevieve demonstrating how to use the stencils.

This template has a number of different sections. At first it seemed a little overwhelming. I looked at the the ones that Genevieve and Erin did but purposely did not look at the others until I started mine and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do. One of my concerns was that the sections were pretty small. I guess that generally I do not think about changing the template that much so I pulled out my trusty 005 Micron and started in the center. I am generally pleased with the result. The only thing that I am unsure about, besides the shading which is always an issue with me, is the sections using verve. I had traced over the template with a pencil and  there were slight indentations showing these sections so I did not feel I could leave them blank. Although this was a consideration because I liked it with that white space. I also thought about using a little Flux, with Zingers in this area but it really had become a habit of finishing zendalas with these organic tangles. I really wanted to break away from that routine. I could not find a "lacy" tangle that I thought would fit that well. Finally decided on Verve. That does give it a little bit of a layered effect which the organic tangles would not have done. Well enough rambling. Here is the result. Hope that you enjoy it.






Tangles Used: Knightsbridge(variation), Paradox, Betweed, Verve, and Chainlea.


I have not used Chainlea a lot but really like the way it looks. I can see myself using it more often for borders and for areas in organic sections. If you have not all ready been to The Bright Owl and looked at the other submissions, please do so. I plan to try and look at them and when possible make any comments that seem appropriate. I think most people who post, like to receive comments about what you think about there work.  While you are at it, don't forget to check out Tangle Harmony and Amaryllis Creations to check out Genevieve Crabe's work. 

Now that I have got this done, in addition to looking at the other Zendalas, I hope to get to work on this week's Diva Dare. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle!!

8 comments:

  1. I like this zendala! Verve is beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was really unsure about using Verve. Thought maybe there were too many lines. It turned out better than my mind imagined it. That is one of the things I like about Zentangle®

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I like the Betweed sections, they pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Wanted something that did not have as much intensity either with lines or fill but could still give some nice perspective. Reliable Betweed fit the bill.

      Delete
  3. Donald, this is very pleasing to the eye. Verve was a very good choice, and your addition of the border tangle fits beautifully. Betweed is also a favorite of mine and I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Zendala Donald, I LOVE your verve - it's very tidy and so nicely shaded. Nice choice of tangles and I like the chainlea you put outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great line work and detail. This is a very nice tile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.