Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Diva Challenge #130 UMT v. XIX: Henna Drum

This was a fun challenge. I like using this tangle, although I have to admit I do not use it a lot. I can really get engrossed in doing this tangle. There was one of those unplanned opportunities though which I was able to incorporate into the tile. Part of what made this fun is that I did it without a string. This resulted in it being a little off center. I started in the middle and just let it grow. It was a lot of fun. As is usually the case, shading is the biggest challenge. Hope you enjoy it.




Tangles used: Tipple, Dansk, Henna Drum, Flux, Fescu, & Keeko

I have not had a chance to look at the other tiles and ZIA's that others have submitted, but plan on doing so now. If you have not done so go to I am the Diva and look at the other great pieces of art.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are encouraged, appreciated, welcomed.

Go Tangle !!

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty organic tile. I really like the center tangles and how the Henna Drum grows out of it. I also like the Keeko in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this would make a great tile to give decoration to a tiled floor!...Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s a beautiful tile! I love the tangles you chose. The composition is well-balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really "showcases" Henna drum, making it the star of the tile and I agree that your shading is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with this and how you let it "gow". Great shading too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you just went with it and let it grow on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that's really pretty -- i love the way it flows and the organic feel is definitely there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was a little surprised that it came together so easily.

      Delete
  8. Beautifuilly organic tile. Would make a great coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tile, I like the other tangles you used along with it. It looks like it was fun to draw. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.