Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Zendala Dare #92

This zendala turned out way different than I first imagined. Erin at The Bright Owl, posted how she usually approaches the zendala templates and how she did it differently this time. I rarely change the overall character of a template. Like a lot of  people, when I look at it, I think of tangles that might be able to be used in a particular space. I did start out this way but it quickly went in another direction. The "gifted tangle" this week is paradox. I knew that I wanted to use that. Began to look at how I could use it in a less traditional way. Then I decided to do something around the outer edge. I like Quib for this and it worked well. This really resulted in my having to look at some other ways to finish this. Overall I am comfortable with the end product. The process of creating this, even though not completely smooth, was still enjoyable. As typical for me the hardest part is the shading. Wanted to get some perspective/dimension created with this. Not sure how successful I was in doing that. I must admit though that since there has been some time between my completing this and posting, the more I look at it the better I like it. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.





Tangles used: Flora, Zander, Paradox, Quib

If you have not all ready, would encourage you to visit The Bright Owl and see the other pieces posted. I hope I can spend some time doing this. I have not decided yet whether this will serve a dual purpose this week. The Diva Challenge is using white space. Will have to see what time allows from me.

Thanks for visiting,  As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !! 

5 comments:

  1. I think you did very well, Donald!! The shading is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed how some templates just disappear, and, this is just the case with yours. Your border is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful zendala! Especially I like this great border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not drawn Quib before - love it on your tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, Donald. The overall effect is very calming, and I love Quib as a border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.