Thursday, May 22, 2014

Diva Challenge # 168 :Tangleation Nation - Rain

Did not get a chance to comment on many of the things posted last week. Had a great time at the Hideaway. Hoping to incorporate some the things we did into classes in the near future. But I digress, since this is about this week's Diva Challenge. The Diva chose a tangle which I have used before but not very often and the task was to use variations or tangleations. I do not know that I have ever used it as a primary tangle before. I was not really sure what I wanted to do. I think it is a good frame or tangle to set a boundary. I chose to use a spiral as my string. mostly because it has been a while since I did this and I do like using a spiral and then transitioning different tangles. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Rain, Printemps, Jetties, Shattuck, Fife(variation), Tipple
Used a variety of pens. I used both the white Insignio and the Gelly Roll as well as a Zenstone and Prisma white wax pencil for the highlighting. And just a little bit of graphite.


Now I am off to look at the other submissions on I am the Diva. If you have not all ready done so, would encourage you to explore the many great pieces of art created by very talented people.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

18 comments:

  1. I like the combinations a lot!! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the spiraling effect. Renaissance Tan is my favorite tile color these days, with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use this one. I love how you transitioned to the other tangles and your color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Donald, I like all of the variation of what you put inside the triangle portion of Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, love your curves and composition. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you did almost a square spiral to match the shape of the tile. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice tile, I like the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donald this is GREAT... love the tan tile.. and the movement around the tile... GREAT combination too... You did it again... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain is great on this renaissance tile! The whole is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donald, I'm glad to hear you had a good time at your getaway! Can't wait to see what you learned! I really love the coloring in you tile!! Beautiful Rain! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really earthy Donald, nice tones and composition. It reminds me of some of he indigenous art in Australia, really nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I often find myself particularly enjoying a small detail and here it is the black Rain that leads off the framing Rain into the spiral and the white outlining in the center. (OK, two details.) Somehow these "make" the tile for me. I don't know why, nor does it matter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the different ways you change it up. So fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like Rain on this tan tile and how it has evolved as you have moved around the spiral/tile. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice. the use of colours give it a tribal feel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The spiral is a great idea, Donald; and a great way to transition the various tangles. And I love the Renaissance tile and those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both challenge pieces you've done this week are lovely! Terrific idea to transition various tangles out from the spiral :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.