Saturday, January 10, 2015

Square One : 'Nzeppel

The Square One focus tangle this week is 'Nzeppel. This is one of my favorite tangles. I wish I had a series of photos I could show that show the progression of how I do this tangle. The difference is more in how I finish this tangle. It is one that I have probably experimented with more than others. Originally, I did little shading. I remember Maria making the comment at CZT 10 that she liked the way this looked just drawn and did not think much about shading it. I tended to agree with her. Over the years though I have seen some creative and really great ways of shading this tangle. I think I began to see it differently as I began to see it less as an organic tangle and more like stone. This tile is another newer way of shading. It is darker than what I usually do. I have been getting bolder and I do like the way this looks. Don't know that it will be the only way I will shade this tangle as a lot of what I decide to do is just how it looks on the tile. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used : 'Nzeppel, Nymph ( a 'Nzeppel tangleation), Purk, and Betweed.

I have been busy with a number of things so have not had a lot of time to really look at many of the things posted so far. Hopefully can get to see a few more. What I have seen so far, I really like the variety.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.