Sunday, February 1, 2015

Square One: The quandary with Quandary

The Square One focus tangle this week is Quandary, or Quandry, depending on who is spelling it. I was pleased with this choice as this is the tangle that was first introduced at my CZT seminar. From comments from people this is a tangle that people either like or they have serious issues with it. I admit that at times it can be challenging. Usually I find it so if I try to make the rice kernels too close together. There are a few wonky ones in there as well a couple of times where I only had 5 kernels. Another reason that I like this tangle is there are numerous ways to embellish it. That being said, I decided not to do that with this tile. Here is what I came up with. I hope you like it.



Tangles used: Quandary, Betweed, & Tipple
Shading done with 2B, 4B & 6B graphite pencils

I wanted to try something a little different with this one. I had seen other tangles within tangles before but do not think I have tried it before. As is usually the case, the image that I had in my head is different than what ended up on the tile, but that is not a big issue. Hopefully I will have some time this week to try some other things with this tangle.

If you have not tried this tangle before, I would encourage you to give it a try. Don't give up on it. See how may different ways you can finish it. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcome, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.