Thursday, July 20, 2017

Diva Challenge #325: "Pea-nuckle"

One of the things I find interesting in the tangling community is people's reactions to different tangles. I think it illustrates the diversity of the people that enjoy this art form.  This week's Diva Challenge highlights the tangle Pea-nuckle and is again courtesy of guest blogger Jessica Davies. Interesting that in both of her challenges she chose to focus on things that initially she was not fond of but later changed her perspective. While I agreed with her the last time, we did not on this one. I have always liked Pea-nuckle.  I like the way it looks and have used it in ZIAs specifically to get the basket look.  It also is a forgiving tangle in that the lines do not have to be consistent and the "Ss" do not all have to be the same size.  I also like the "S" shape and a couple of years ago did what I called S-ploration to just play with different things that could do with this elemental stroke. Out of this came my tangleation of Pea-nuckle which I also included in this tile.  I did this in 2015. I will provide some links later if want to explore either of these.  Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.





Tangles used: Pea-nuckle (lower left) Maria's flux, Ahh, and Pea-nuckle tangleation (upper right). 
Shading done with HB pencil. Not sure that it shows up that well in the picture but also used a white charcoal pencil and white gel pen to add a some highlights in both of the Pea-nuckle tangles. Trust me, it's there. 

With the larger area in between the two Pea-nuckle sections wanted something that was not as much dense line work. Thought about Betweed but did not want it quite that thin and did not want to do sections across. I chose to try using Maria's Flux in a Betweed fashion. Not sure that I completely pulled it off the way I would have liked but it is okay.  As indicated above, said that I would give a few links for things. This first is for the Pea-nuckle tangleation. There is a step out .  Just click on the link here

Is not a link for my S- ploration work. When I went to find it, realized had posted it on the My tangles page. You can go to the top and scroll down to find that.

Hoping to have more time to look at the different pieces submitted this week. Will see how that works out. If you have not been there, would strongly encourage you to explore the unique pieces of art that others have created. Just click on this link to go there directly.

Thanks for visiting.  As always comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

10 comments:

  1. I do like the band of Flux in your tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Wanted something for a contrast to the Pea-nuckle.

      Delete
  2. Your Peanuckle looks like a woven textile which is cool. I need to practice it more and then play around with it. Your tile has encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think people get too caught up in it looking a certain way. Even those that have commented that they did not like it and felt they could not do the tangle. looked good. There are all kind of variations on this.

      Delete
  3. Your variation on Peanuckle is really great, Donald. Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Peanuckle, have to say I'm not a fan I like the look but for me I can't seem to find the flow to do it. When I have to think too much about what I'm doing it usually does not work well. Like yours a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tangles like that also. Some I will do and others I will stay away from. I just cannot remember the ones that I like as there are so many tangles now. I forget About them until I see someone else use it.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.