Friday, August 4, 2017

Diva Challenge #327: " The Diva Dancing in Lisbon"

This week's Diva Challenge is courtesy of Henrike Bratz. She is from Germany and attended one the recent CZT seminars after tangling on her own for a couple of years.  She had recently been to Lisbon and took some pictures of different patterns that she saw. One she entitled the Lisbon fragment. You can see her step outs and variations here. You can see more of  her work on her block at this link. She coupled it with Diva Dance as that tangle was one used in the first Diva Challenge that she participated  in.  She gave the option of doing a duotangle or adding other tangles to the tile. The Lisbon tangle is one that is nice to look at but for me, it requires a lot of concentration.  Maybe it is because it is new to me but it is probably not one that I will use when I just want to get focused and lose myself in the repetitive strokes.  I also think that it is a tangle that looks best when your lines are very consistent.  Mine usually are not but it turned out okay.  Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.




Tangles used: Lisbon fragment, Diva Dance, Finery
Shading was done with HB pencil and Sakura white Gelly Roll pen.

This is the first time that I used the dots like this in a tile. I had seen others use it and wanted to try it. I think that since my line work was not as consistent and some of the grids are a little wonky, this helped with the overall tile.  I usually do little shading on Diva Dance. 

If you have not all ready done so, would strongly recommend you visit I am the Diva to look at some great pieces of art.  I have not had a chance to look yet but am hoping to do so over the next couple of days. You can go there directly by clicking on the link above. 

Thanks for visiting. As always comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the difficulty in getting consistent lines with the Lisbon Fragment. I'm intrigued by how many looks people have achieved with this tangle and yours is no exception. The dotted stripes emphasize the boxes, so that's what jumps out first. I think the background plaid pattern of the object on which you photographed your tile also channels the box concept. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It does not show up in the tile I did, but I tried to do the woven variation. A lot of people did the one where it is almost a pattern on a pattern.

      Delete
  2. I think that you are a bit too modest Donald! Your tile is really beautiful. And the composition does appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It did grow on me the more I looked at it.

      Delete
  3. I had to increase the size of your tile, Donald, to really appreciate what a nice Lisbon Fragment you have created. At first it looked like a totally different tangle, but close up, I could see your filled areas creating such a nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean. It does look a lot different. I did not plan it. It was in response to a couple of unplanned opportunities that arose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your composition very much. Lovely outcome of the Lissabon Fragment en beautiful combinated with the other patterns. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the Blog of Anna (Germany) I read that you would like a button for translation. Maybe this will do the trick: In the text you want to be translated, click the right button and that will give you an option for translation. At least mine does. Hope this is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely composition that sets up your Lisbon Fragment beautifully. I love that detailing;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.