Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Diva Challenge #359: "String Theory - Finger Stringer"

This week's Diva Challenge presented different challenges to me than last weeks.  Last week's was what I consider "regular" tangling challenges of focus.  This week had to do more with my mood and reaction to recent events.  I will try to explain this without boring you too much.

 There are typical life events, like dealing with aging parents that have been dealing with for about a year.  There are probably events everyday that someone will have a reaction to.  This past week I guess they have been closer to me or people I know.  They are not unique, except to these individuals.  I know people who were affected by the terrible crash in Saskatchewan province that killed 15 members of the Humbolt Broncos hockey team. Then there was the devastating fire to the home, and death of fellow CZT Cris Letourneau's husband in the fire.

 I found my self with very strong reactions to this.  I wanted to do something as words didn't seem enough.  Was not sure what to do. When I saw what this week's challenge was, I began trying to think of a way I could use this art form that Cris is so much a part of it to honor her, her daughter Alexa,  and these other people.  I had a couple of ideas but was not sure that I would be able to do any of them.  I finally decided on something to try.  Not sure that I pulled it off, but this is what I came up with.  I hope you enjoy it.


Tangles used:  Joy, Indy-rella, The border I do not think is an actual tangle.
Shading done with HB pencil

I was not sure that this really fit the challenge exactly.  I was able to draw around one hand, folded. I was unsure whether to tangle on the string itself and opted not to. I think it would have gotten lost in the rest or the tile.  On a regular tile I would not worry about this as much and actually prefer that the string get lost.  As I stated above, I am not sure that the double heart border is actually a tangle.  There are really two ways to do this.  One is you can make connecting hearts and then flip the tile and add the upper arcs of a heart in the space between them. The other is to make altenating "S" shapes.  By alternating I mean you do one and then do mirror images.  That does take some focus, at least for me.

Congratulations if you have managed to get all the way through this post and not just skipped to the picture. If you have not all ready done so would encourage you to go to I am the Diva and look at the art that others have submitted.  Just click on the link.  I got mine done earlier this week so am hoping I can spend time looking at  a few more than I have been able to lately.

Thanks for visiting.  As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely piece and tribute Don. btw check your Diva link. It links back to her page not here😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know about Chris, and am so sorry to hear about this. (I am not on facebook) Your tile is a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a loving tribute to those awful events. I also did not know about The loss of Cris; of course never met her, but feeling 'family' in Zentangle. If you are in contact with her, please tell her that she is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about Cris. You have done a beautiful tile in her honor. She is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your tribute tile. Always difficult to react to those events...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.